Harness Measurement Guide (in inches)
|Harness Size||Front Opening Circumference||Girth Opening Circumference||Chest Plate Length||Back Plate Length||Chest Plate Width (at D-ring)|
|XS||11″ – 14″||13″ – 19″||5″||4″||1.5″|
|S||13″ – 15″||15″ – 19″||5″||4″||4″|
|M||16″ – 18″||19″ – 25″||9″||6″||4″|
|L||19″ – 21″||23″ – 31″||11″||7″||4″|
|XL||21″ – 24″||26″ – 37″||13″||8″||4″|
Harness Fitting Instructions
- With one side of front straps already connected, bring the front section of the harness around your dog’s head and neck using the same motion as you would when attaching a collar.
- Clip the opposite side together. (Harness should sit a couple of inches away from your dog’s neck, but flat against his or her body).
- Bring the chest plate between the front legs, then clip together the girth strap buckles.
- If your dog walks easily with you and does not pull, then attach the leash to the back D-ring.
- If your dog tends to pull, then attach the least to the front, chest D-ring to help discourage your dog from unwanted forward pulling.
Harness Cleaning & Care Instructions
For cleaning, we advise hand washing or wiping the harness with a damp cloth and air/line drying. Because of the intricate design and materials used, washing and drying in the machine could increase the risk of damage to both the harness and even washer and/or dryer. So do so at your own risk. TransPaw Gear® will not be held responsible for damage if cleaned and dried in a washing machine. We do NOT recommend dry cleaning items.
Fabrics are water-friendly. Whether spot cleaning or washing in its entirety, first remove loose dried dirt, sand, and debris with a brush. Spot clean with damp cloth or sponge using cool water and mild soap (if necessary). You may wash and rinse the entire harness by hand, using cool water and mild soap (if necessary).
Please note, we do not recommend the use of a washer and/or dryer, as straps can become tangled.